Eating 250 grams of vegetables and 200 grams of fruit (2 pieces) a day is very recommended. Other vitamins are in dairy products, fish, meat and eggs. You can read what you need to know and what to pay attention to here …
Do you think you can achieve this amount by eating apples, meat or berries, for example? An adequate supply of vitamins and minerals is essential for your body, because they contribute, among other things, to the normal functioning of your nervous system, a normal protein and glycogen metabolism and a normal fatty acid metabolism.
In addition, the vital substances are involved in many metabolic reactions.
Almost all vitamins are essential and therefore necessary for survival. Your body cannot produce these substances itself and is therefore dependent on supply through food. An exception to this is vitamin D produced by sunlight and vitamin K produced in our gut bacteria.
When is your vitamin requirement increased and useful?
If you have a balanced diet and meet the daily requirements of the Nutrition Center, it is not necessary to use vitamin supplements. A lack of vitamins can be caused by, for example, a cold or a flu, an unbalanced diet, chronic stomach and intestinal problems, a vegetarian diet or sporting challenges. Especially for pregnant women, for example, the intake of sufficient folic acid is important, because otherwise the baby may have an increased risk of a congenital defect.
Benefits and effect of Daily Vitamins
Our Daily Vitamins contain the most important vitamins and minerals. We have listed the benefits and effect of the vitamins for you.
- Vitamin A : plays an important role in cell division.
- Vitamin D : Vitamin D , which is mainly found in eggs, is particularly important for calcium and phosphate metabolism and for your joints.
- Vitamin E : this is mainly found in bell peppers. Vitamin E protects your cells against oxidative stress.
- Vitamin C: The famous vitamin C ensures normal function of your immune system and normal collagen formation for a regulated function of the skin.
- Vitamin B1 : this vitamin is mainly found in potatoes and pork and plays a decisive role in normal energy metabolism and the function of your nervous system.
- Vitamin B2 : plays an important role for normal energy metabolism and normal function of your nervous system.
- Vitamin B6 : Avocados are high in Vitamin B6. This vitamin ensures a normal protein and glycogen metabolism and contributes to the production of red blood cells.
- Folic acid : adequate intake is especially important for women who want to have children. It occurs naturally in fennel and broccoli. Folic acid plays a role in cell division.
- Pantothenic acid: contributes to the normal synthesis and metabolism of steroid hormones, vitamin D and a number of neurotransmitters.
- Biotin : This is mainly in sesame seeds and eggs and contributes to the maintenance of healthy hair, mucous membrane and skin.
Meaning of minerals and trace elements
In addition to vitamins, minerals and trace elements also have an important function for our muscles and nerves. The minerals include sodium, potassium, magnesium and phosphate. With a balanced diet there is normally no shortage of minerals. Here too we recommend: if you are not sure whether you have a mineral deficiency, discuss it with your doctor or pharmacy.
Trace elements are minerals that our body only needs in very small amounts. However, you should not underestimate their position in your daily diet. For example, they are an important component of enzymes, the functioning of your thyroid gland and ensure healthy teeth.
- Zinc: this is mainly found in shellfish. You need zinc because of the numerous enzymes and hormones.
- Iron: is essential for your blood formation. Naturally occurs in meat and lentils.
- Magnesium: it is mainly found in chickpeas and pumpkin seeds and ensures a normal energy metabolism.
Vitamins and minerals are basic building blocks of life and indispensable for your body. Your body cannot produce these nutrients on its own, so you need to get them in adequate amounts through your diet every day. you meet your daily requirement by 250 grams of vegetables and 2 pieces of fruit.